Sunday, April 30, 2006

Movin' On Up

Well, boys and girls...I'm going to be changing jobs real soon. I was offered a shot as a Senior Tech at a place where a former co-worker now works. I did the interview on the 19th, and things went pretty well. For me, it's a step up since I'll be increasing my yearly salary by over $10,000. With a mortgage payment coming up soon (our house will be finished sometime in May), and with my little boy getting bigger it'll be a big help.

I just hate to feel like I'm fucking anybody over, especially Sergeant Dan and Greg, who's over the security side of the shop. The both of them will probably get stuck with the day-to-day tasks that I normally do. So to make sure everything does go smoothly until the new guy gets here, I'm finishing up all the tasks and projects that I've been trying to accomplish for a while now. It just seems I don't have the time because every time I get started on one thing, someone needs something else and I get dragged off on their little pet project. Maybe time management isn't my strong suit, eh?

So I should be hearing very shortly from the HR Department of my new workplace. I've already heard from the shop supervisor telling me they submitted the package to their HR. So now it's a matter of negotiating my new salary. Anybody have some tips and/or suggestions?

No comments: